Finding Materials on Course Reserves
Course reserves are materials that have been put on hold at the Library Circulation desk by your instructor. Typical materials that you will find on Course Reserve are books, dvds/vhs, and articles. While they are able to be checked out there are some special rules that goes along with borrowing Course Reserve materials.
All course reserves are obtained at the Circulation Desk at the front of the Library.
So how can you tell if something is on Course Reserve?
One way that you can identify something on Course Reserve is through the catalog entry for that particular item. Sometimes if you are searching for books on a topic you will run across a book with a location that looks like this:
If you see this location status set to RESERVE you can find the material you are looking for at the Circulation Desk.
- Typically Course Reserves cannot be removed from the library. In some cases this rule may be amended on a case by case basis.
- Course Reserves are usually checked out for 2 hours.
- Course Reserves cannot be renewed.
- Once the 2 hours are up fines begins to accrue immediately.
- There may be cases where these rules do not apply or are altered slightly. Please check with the staff at the desk when checking out Reserves to be sure.
- Next >>