Typical Setup Capabilities
Most classroom facilities on campus (Bates, Colton, Gerstacker, Hinsdale, Nursing Suite, Mahan House, Writing House, and Bonney Castle) are equipped with the following multi-media equipment;
- Ceiling-mounted LCD Projector or Plasma Screen Display
- Multimedia cabinet, lectern, or desk
- Powered or pull-down projection screen (in classrooms with LCD projectors)
- Crestron touch screen control
- VGA (with audio adapter) & network cable for laptop computer connection
- Combination DVD & VHS player
- Sound amplifer and mounted speakers
- Some classrooms are also equipped with a desktop computer.
Equipment can be provided in the few locations without media if available.
Finally, for events with early morning starts, the Media Services Department will need to do the setup the evening (or day) before.
It is advised that no evening events are scheduled in the assigned room prior to the morning event. This especially pertains to events held in the Kennedy Center Ballroom and in Dix. Media Services hours of operation are usual business hours, and our student staff work schedule are set for each semester, which leaves little flexibility to do early morning setups.