Welcome Friends of the Library
The Friends of the Hiram College Library is a highly successful organization, one of the most successful such groups in Ohio, if not the country. Since its founding in 1984, the group has contributed more than half a million dollars in support of the library. Recently the Governing Board approved vision and mission statements to guide the Friends into the 21st century.
Take the Friends Survey Online
The Friends of the Hiram College Library envisions continuing and increasing its funding and programmatic support of the Hiram College Library as the library expands its services to meet the changing scholarly and educational needs of the future, including the new teaching/learning, research, and recreational needs of the faculty, students and staff. The Friends will also pursue ways to meet the needs of members residing in the surrounding community who are part of the broader world of learning but not part of the official Hiram College family.
Building upon the PURPOSE of the Friends of the Hiram College Library as stated in ARTICLE II of the BY-LAWS, the Mission of the Friends shall be:
- To plan activities and programs which appeal to a wide audience, both within and without the Hiram College community;
- To better communicate the activities of the Friends by means of an enhanced web site; electronic communications with members via e-mail; and wider print advertising;
- To attract more interest in the Friends among campus groups (students, faculty, staff), who directly benefit from Friends’ support of the library;
- To facilitate access for Friends’ members to the resources of the library, whether within the building or in the broader information world;
- To produce additional income to support the library by defining new membership categories and increasing the membership.